Tactical Ops: Assault On Terror Fixed Pack
The TO:AOT Fixed Pack is an easy download, extract and play package. After extracting the download open the Tactical Ops Quick Join and you can either start TO 3.4 and TO 3.5 from the menu or directly join servers. No problems playing on modern systems with Windows 10, 8 or 7.Inside the TO:AOT Fixed Pack:
- Tactical Ops: Assault On Terror v3.4 with OpenGL Renderer v3.5 and SuperTeam Keybinder v1.4. On this version you can easily join all multiplayer servers, some servers use ACE Anti Cheat and only requires you to click a few buttons ingame first joining a server.
- Tactical Ops: Assault On Terror v3.5 with OpenGL Renderer v3.5 and SuperTeam Keybinder v1.5. On this version some servers require you to install and configure the ESE Anti Cheat and ESE Renderers included in the Extra folder.
- The Tactical Ops Quick Join Tool that allows you to directly join a server from the builtin server browser or manually start either TO3.4 or TO3.5 from the menu.
While downloading scroll down on this page and read the Important Settings to Tweak section.
7z for Windows
High compressed version, extract with 7-Zip
#1 - Download the TO-AOT-v340-v350.zip file or the TO-AOT-v340-v350.7z version.
#2 - Extract the contents of the downloaded file and place the "TacticalOps" folder into a directory such as "C:/" or "C:/Games/" and try to avoid any protected/user directories. (So avoid Desktop, Downloads, Documents or the Program Files Folders)
#3 - You are done and can now play Tactical Ops.
Start the Ops Quick Join and select a server you wish to join, or start Tactical Ops from:
Menu -> Launch Tactical Ops 3.4
Menu -> Launch Tactical Ops 3.5
Or manually start TO3.4 from "TO340/System/TacticalOps.exe" and TO3.5 from "TO350/System/TacticalOps.exe"
Can't get the game to work? Or are having crashes? Try reading the General Problems page in the Guides & Info section.
You can also contact me if you have questions/suggestions, look at the top of the About page for contact info.
Frame Limit - The default FrameRateLimit=100, you can change it to 120, 144, 180 up to the outer maximum of 200 in "TacticalOps.ini" under section [OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]. It's also possible to change it ingame while playing, read the bottom of the Renderers & FrameLimit guide for instructions and more information.
Sound Settings - Surround Sound and 3D Surround are disabled by default, tweak these to user preference in the Audio Settings. Remember to restart your game for these settings to take effect.
Mouse Settings - DirectInput is enabled by default for optimal mouse tracking, this however activates the ALT+TAB Crosshair bug. Some players choose to disable DirectInput and use the MarkC Mouse Fix. This fixes the bad mouse input with DirectInput disabled. It's included in the Extra folder of the download. View the Mouse Tracking & Input guide for more information.
Other Settings - Most players will lower or disable View Bob (screen shake while moving) and set the Music Volume to 0%. Some also set the ingame brightness very high for optimal visibility of enemies. if your ingame brightness setting doesn't work read the Fix ingame Brightness/Gamma guide for more information.
You will have to set all those settings for both versions separately.
Fixed Server Browser - Since the GameSpy shutdown the Tactical Ops server browser stopped working. By using 3 alternative Master Servers they now display servers again. The server list only displays servers of a compatible version instead of a mixed version list.
Fixed Game Speed and Mouse Input - By default the game would run at such a high and inconsistent framerate it resulted in speed up and slow down gameplay combined with irregular mouse tracking. By limiting the max fps this has been fixed, SwapInterval is set to 0 to also improve the delay of mouse input.
Fixed OpenGL Renderer Kick - TO 3.4 and 3.5 use OpenGL Renderer v3.5 to prevent the outdated renderer kick. There some TO3.5 server that use ESE Anti Cheat and require you to install the ESE Renderer from the ESE Account Manager.
Keybinder Included - Included are SuperTeam Keybinder v1.4 for TO v3.4 and v1.5 for TO v3.5. These can be launched ingame from the main menu and is a tool that lets you bind various game commands to buttons of your choice. Very useful tool and a must have for every player.
TO 3.5 is ESE compatible - Run the ESESetup.exe in the Extra Folder for the ESE Account Manager. Once you have an ESE account and the keyfile placed into the TO350/System folder, have installed the ESE Client and the Renderers from the Account Manager you should be able to join all TO 3.5 ESE Servers. Just make sure you select the TO350/System/TacticalOps.exe and not the Tactical Ops Quick Join.exe as the install location.
Changes made to TO 3.4 & TO 3.5
• Fixed Server Browser (TacticalOps.ini, TOSystem.int and UBrowser.int)
• Updated OpenGL Renderer to v3.5
• Removed old video Renderers (Direct3D, Glide and Metal)
• Removed old audio Renderer (SGL)
• TacticalOps.ini cleaned from data of removed audio and video Renderers (Direct3D, Glide, Metal, SGL, XDriver, GenericAudioSubSystem)
• TacticalOps.ini cleaned from all unused sections
• Removed unused files from original installer (Setup.exe, Setup.int and Manifest.cfg)
• Removed unused Language Files in System Folder (*.det, *.est, *.frt and *.itt)
• Removed unused Server files (/Web/ and System/TacticalOpsWinServer.bat and UCC.exe)
• Merged Sub folders from /TacticalOps/ with the main folders
• Set to use the OpenGL Renderer by default
• Set FrameLimit to 100
• Set SwapInterval to 0
• Set Anisotropic Filtering to 16x by default
• Set Default Resolution to 1024x768 32bits
• Set Audio Latency to 60
• Disabled Mouse Smoothing
• Enabled DirectInput
• Brightness @ 50%
• Audio, Music and Announcer Volume @ 50%
• View Bobbing @ 50% (10% lower as default)
• Disabled Auto Weapon Reload
• Cleaned up TacticalOps.ini and User.ini
• Copied over TacticalOps.ini to Default.ini and User.ini to DefUser.ini
Changes made to TO 3.4
• SuperTeam KeyBinder v1.4 (Made for TO3.4)
Changes made to TO 3.5
• SuperTeam KeyBinder v1.5 (Made for TO3.5 with compatilbilty for TO3.4)
Changed_or_Removed_Files.zip - Added as backup
Included in the Extra folder is a Changed_or_Removed_Files.zip that includes all deleted or altered files.